5 Simple Steps To Healthy Eating .
Eating healthy is simple and easy if you are ready to follow the few steps below.
- Water should be your friend so drink, drink, drink.
The recommended volume of water for an adult is at least 2 litres of water daily. Drinking water doesn’t have to be boring, you can spice it up with lemon and mint leaves if you like.
Drinking water before you eat fills your stomach, helps digestion and prevents you from overeating.
2. Ditch fried foods for baked, grilled, steamed, or fresh. It is advisable to cook with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil instead of palm oil or vegetable oil.
3. Swap your big plates for smaller ones.
Eating with smaller plates helps you to control the volume of the food you eat per time. Portion control is your friend in this journey.
4. Reduce your carbohydrates and fatty foods , eat more of proteins, vegetables and fruits. There are so many fun ways of cooking vegetables, look up the internet and learn to eat fresh.
5. Consciously avoid artificial sugar.
Sugar is a silent killer and it is hidden in most foods and drinks we have daily.
One good way to do this is to stop taking soft drinks even the zero sugar ones still have sugar.
Also read the labels of food and drinks you want to buy as producers are mandated to disclose the sugar contents of their products.
You can use pure honey in small quantity as a substitute for sugar if you are sure of the source as there are lots of noney out there made from sugar or with high artificial sugar content.
Healthy eating is a journey which demands consistency and dedication in order to get results.
©All rights reserved Oladapo Kolawole 2015.